Evictions & Unlawful Detainers

When a renter has failed to pay their rent, or has had their house foreclosed upon, the owner (or new owner) of the property has the right to bring an action to remove them from the property if they refuse to leave voluntarily. This must be done through the court system, as neither Kansas or Missouri allow for self-help evictions. A lawsuit is filed asking the court to order the current occupant of the property to remove themselves from the property, and if they fail to do so, the sheriff will arrive to escort them from the property. The attorneys at Juris Law & Mediation have represented hundreds of property owners and assisted them with these types of actions. Call our office for help in resolving this type of problem.