Construction defects are not uncommon, but they are not always obvious. Many construction defects are discovered when the homeowner hires an independent inspector prior to a warranty period expiring.
A few examples of the many types of construction defects include:
- Significant cracks in the foundation
- Abnormal soil movement causing floor slab unevenness
- Leaky roofs
- Leaky windows
- Faulty plumbing
- Faulty framing
- Moisture problems from improper drainage or waterproofing
- Bowing or slanting of floors or walls
- Incomplete or improperly done work
If you are not able to reach a satisfactory result working with the builder, you can file a construction defect claim. If you go this route, keep in mind that there are laws in Kansas and Missouri that impose time limits on certain lawsuits and require certain notifications in writing with time to cure the defects by the builder.If you need help resolving a dispute over a construction defect, get legal help now from the qualified attorneys at Juris.