Child Custody Modification Attorneys Of Juris KC

Family Law Attorneys of Juris KC Can Help Make Child Custody Modification Order Changes

Cases involving child custody modification are those which change a previously-existing arrangement resolving where and with whom children will live, and who will control important aspects of those children’s lives such as education, health, religious training, extracurricular activities and more.  These plans may need to be revisited and change as your child or children grow.
For child custody modification to occur, most states require proving a change in circumstances of the child or the custodial parent, or some other cause to allow for modification to occur.  This process can occur formally before a court in trial or contested hearing, or informally if both parents agree to a set of terms.  Informal changes are those that are minor, such as a change in visitation days, times, or location exchange and can be easily settled upon by both parents.
If a parent wants a more major or permanent change, then a formally filed order through the court may be necessary especially when it comes to joint or full custody adjustments.  If parents cannot come to agreement or either parent does not support the modification, then the case is considered contested and it is strongly recommended that you seek the advice of a child custody modification attorney at Juris, and we can determine whether the adjustment is advisable, and if you should pursue further legal action.
When it comes to post-decree or post-judgment modifications of child custody, support and visitation, we are experts in helping you navigate the Court process and even try to help you avoid the need for judicial intervention. We have successfully represented parents who were seeking a child custody modification, and those who were defending against it.  Either way, you are in good hands with Juris.  
Our attorneys are tough but fair. We excel at representing the rights and desires of our clients without causing additional conflicts with the other party. We are also a domestic litigation firm, so if you cannot get an agreement and you need the Judge’s help, we are ready and able to navigate a court case with you to fight for you the best interest of your child. If your situation has changed and you wish to seek child custody modification, don’t hesitate to contact us today and request a consultation, or call us at (913) 764-8844 with any questions surrounding your case.