Avoid High Conflict Divorce To Start Fresh In The New Year

High conflict divorce cases are not easy to navigate, and sometimes it is better to have a fresh start in the new year and separate for your own mental health and the betterment of your family. Oftentimes couples stay together for their children, but that may not be what is best for your family dynamic.
Avoid High Conflict Divorce To Start Fresh In The New Year

High Conflict Divorce In The New Year Is Avoidable

If you’ve struggled to make it through the holidays, but want a fresh start, now is the time to think about separation before ending in a high conflict divorce.  US Statistics show that 87% of separated couples proceed to divorce, while the other 13% reconcile after separation.
There are a few good reasons unhappy couples should not stay together, especially if children are involved. High conflict divorce is always difficult, with many negative effects on children. Children, whose parents are going through a high conflict divorce, are often raised in an environment with frustration, mis-directed anger and pain, which can lead to lifelong trauma well into adulthood.
This can affect the success of your children’s lives, and how they parent their children as well. Children who grew up in high-conflict homes with constant criticism, conflict, stress, and pain will often have problems managing their own emotions, trusting others, forming and maintaining relationships, and have difficulty developing positive self-esteem.
Staying together for the sake of your children may not be the best solution in your family’s case. Every family is unique and what works for one, may not work for another. Sometimes divorce is the only option. There is no easy way to get through a high conflict divorce, however, separating for a time from your spouse might be the best short-term solution for the mental health and well-being of all family members.
If you are in the Kansas City Metro area including Johnson County, KS and Olathe, KS and feel a separation and divorce is the next step for your family, contact us today to request a consultation, or feel free to call Juris Law & Mediation at (913) 764-8844 with any questions you have regarding your case.